Advertising Account Executive
The magazine group that publishes Gulfshore Life and Gulfshore Business seeks an experienced director of marketing and events. There’s a lot to handle: event planning, community relations, social media, and media trade. That means you’ll do everything from managing social media/e-newsletter strategy to staging polished and profitable events, as well as promoting the publications’ brands and negotiating with vendors and community partners. This position is more about brand building and generating revenue and less about throwing a good party (although you’ll need to do that, too.) We’re looking for someone with the creativity, market knowledge, work ethic, digital know-how and organizational skills to handle the challenge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Event Planning and Management - Plan, schedule, and coordinate signature events and media sponsorships for Gulfshore plus other individual events.
• Drive event sponsorship revenue opportunities and ticket sales to maximize profit margins for every event initiative.
• Oversee individual event budgets, timelines, ordering, and logistics. Research and select venues, vendors, and other resources. Negotiate contracts.
• Work with publisher to coordinate local editorial and sales resources to support event activities.
Community Relations - Manage, oversee, and develop strategies to enhance the magazine’s public image.
• Work with publisher, build local frameworks to connect with leaders of charitable organizations, business decision makers, politicians, local celebrities and social influencers in market.
• Identify key charitable and community partnership opportunities and communicate them to potential alliance partners and investors.
• Author targeted reader and ad client campaigns, reinforcing the brand’s power and depth of connection within its local communities.
• Develop appropriate PR to enhance the magazine’s brand and communicate newsworthy topics to outside media outlets.
Media Trade and Negotiation -Develops, executes, and monitors media plans to maximize exposure and reach target audience through television and radio trade promotions.
• Analyze audience, content, and ratings of local media outlets within specified trade budget, select media outlets, target audiences and negotiates and schedules media buys.
• Leverage local media connections to drive cross-media promotion opportunities with multiple media outlets.
• Manage allocated trade in budget to ensure overall commitment is met.
Development of Online Content -Collaborates, executes, and implements effective online campaigns and newsletters to support the sales and editorial departments.
• Collaborate with associate publishers to effectively deliver sales aids to online databases.
• Manage email newsletter system and database to distribute multiple email marketing campaigns.
• Monitor social media platforms to ensure relevant and useful content is strategically executed.
To apply submit resume and cover letter to Ray Paprocki, Publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Open Sky Media. We wish you every success in your career endeavors.
© 2012 Open Sky Media All Rights Reserved
The information contained within this site is provided by us as a service for our readers. Although this website strives to provide the most accurate and reliable information, this site cannot and does not guarantee the accuracy, sufficiency, completeness, correctness or timeliness of such information. You are responsible for confirming the accuracy and reliability of all information provided on this website prior to making any decisions based on such information.