Open Sky Media ("Open Sky") has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to protect your privacy and to fully disclose what information we collect and how we use it.
Information Collection and Dissemination
- In general, you may visit this website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
- As you browse our website, the site collects log file, IP address of your computer, and other standard tracking data we use to evaluate site traffic and usage patterns. Such information is aggregated with tracking data from all site visitors. We will use the information to personalize the site according to your preferences based on the aggregated information. We also use the aggregated information to evaluate products and services we may offer to you.
- Some portions of this website may require you to give us personally identifiable information such as your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, email address, telephone and fax numbers (Personal Information) and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information (Financial Information), for, without limitation, (i) registration for attendance at certain Open Sky trade shows, conferences and events; and (ii) subscriptions to our publications. If you communicate with us by email, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communications may be collected as Personal Information.
- If you elect to provide us Personal Information, we use it primarily to deliver the service you requested. Other uses of Personal Information are described elsewhere in this Policy.
- If you submit Financial Information, we use that information primarily to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, registrations etc.
- Open Sky uses a third party to process credit card transactions and does not store financial information, such as credit card information on its website. We do retain the last four digits of the credit card number solely for customer service purposes.
Unless you opt-out, we share your Personal Information with Open Sky's affiliates and partners and third parties licensed to access your Personal Information by any of the foregoing.
Several companies unaffiliated with Open Sky provide email deployment services for our email messages. The personally identifiable information, such as email address, we provide to these vendors for the purposes of email deployment is only used by them for that purpose and not for any other business activity.
In order to comply with the Federal CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, we also may provide lists of customers who have opted-out of email promotion for Open Sky products to other companies, so they can be suppressed from mailings those companies send on Open Sky’s behalf. In addition, if you unsubscribe from a mailing we send to our own list on behalf of a third party, your removal instruction may also be supplied to the third party and added to their own suppression file. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We sometimes provide aggregated usage or tracking information collected from this website to third parties.
Update Your Newsletter Subscriptions
You can opt-in to newsletter mailing lists, or remove yourself (opt-out) at any time through the subscription management page (this page will display all of your newsletter subscriptions) or by following the instructions at the end of the newsletters you receive. Please allow 3-5 business days for changes to take effect. You can locate the subscription management page through the “Log In” link at the top right hand corner of the site. For Open Sky sites not offering the subscription management page please send your email preferences to email@example.com.
Update Your Print Subscription Information
You can correct or change your print subscription information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 4-6 weeks for changes to take effect.
Third Party and Affiliated Links:
Our websites contain external links to other websites including suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the content of, or information gathered by, these other websites. We do not endorse any of these websites or the products or services associated with such websites merely because they are linked to our website.
Open Sky Magazines, Events, Trade Shows, Sites and Other Publications and Services
As an Open Sky customer you can also expect to receive relevant email and postal offers for Open Sky publications, trade shows, events, websites and other services. From time to time we are also able to secure and offer to our customers, specially-negotiated discounts and new products from other leading companies.
Open Sky Events
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Email a Friend
If you choose to use our referral service to inform a friend about our Site, products, or services, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will send your friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. We may store this information for the purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have their information removed from our database.
Online Ad Serving
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
A "cookie" is a bit of data sent by a website through the browser to the computer of the user visiting the site, and enables the site to return the results the browser expects. Open Sky uses temporary, session-specific cookies to ensure visits to its website are smooth and customized for the visitor. Such cookies allow us to provide a visitor's browser with information tailored to the visitor's preferences and needs. Open Sky also uses permanent or persistent cookies that remain on a visitor's computer after the visitor leaves an Open Sky website.
If you do not want your browser to accept cookies, you can turn off the cookie acceptance option in the browser's settings. However, disabling the cookie support function of the browser will prevent our website from functioning properly and you may not be able to utilize fully all of the site's features and information.
Visitors to this website can decide if they want to receive promotional information from Open Sky. On the visitor registration pages, prospective visitors can choose to request Open Sky not to email them advertising and promotional information. Should visitors accept promotional email from Open Sky, any email they receive will include instructions on how to be removed from Open Sky's promotional email list. If you continue receiving email after opting out, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security and Encryption
This website takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect your information. When appropriate, we use SSL encryption technology on our website and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, data you submit to our website such as credit card and payment information is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
This website also uses password encryption to keep ensure your privacy when registering for newsletters, events, and other Open Sky related media.
Notification of Changes
Your Acceptance of these Terms
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information provided at the time of registration or at the time of posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Open Sky or when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Open Sky may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. These are data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and do not identify any individual.
If you wish to stop cookies being stored in your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. Further information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have provided you with a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. As stated above, it is important you do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of data transmitted by you to the Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use security procedures and features to prevent unauthorized access to it.
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that the Site's content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you; if you would prefer not to have your email address used in this way please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries as defined in section 736 of the Company Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we offer to sell any assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the potential purchaser of such assets;
- if substantially all of Open Sky 's assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be transferred to such third party;
- if we are required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or any other agreement; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Open Sky, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for protection against credit risk and fraud.
We do not disclose individual information to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We would comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience using the personal data we have collected from you and from others.
You have the right to request us not to disclose any of your personal data or information or to pass information to third parties. We will usually inform you before collecting your data, if we intend to disclose your information to any third party and you can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also notify us by contacting us at email@example.com.
Access to information