5 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day in Southwest Florida
Spend some time with Mother Nature this weekend.
Photo of Naples Preserve by Dennis Goodman
Become one with nature. At least for a day. Earth Day is this Saturday, and Southwest Florida will be celebrating with fun for kids and adults. Check out a few of the highlights then head over to our calendar to see what else is happening this weekend.
- Earth Day Festival at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida: Kids can meet birds, reptiles and critters during the all-day event. Plus, get a visit from Captain Ecology (perhaps the planet's only defender of nature who also rocks out on guitar).
- Keep Lee County Beautiful’s Great American Cleanup: Spend the morning cleaning up at several locations countywide.
- Earth Day at Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium: The family-friendly full-day event will have storytelling, live animal shows, arts and crafts, and more.
- Dine out for Nature at Sea Salt and Barbatella: The two Naples restaurants will feature a special Earth Day menu. A portion of the proceeds will go to Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary.
- J.N. “Ding” Darling Wildlife Refuge: Walk or hike Wildlife Drive for free, plus enjoy a special screening of Bag It! Oh, and watch out for Bagzilla.