Post-Irma Culture Check-in
Will those concert tickets hold up? Can you still plan to attend that exhibit? Is your child’s art class still taking place? Find out here.
Check back here for updates on your favorite venues, theaters, and other cultural hubs. Please visit the provided websites to learn how you can help, receive updates and get extra info. Quoted material has been taken from a press release or organization-affiliated website. If you have more to add, please feel free to leave a comment.
Last updated: Sept. 28 at 2:20 p.m.
- Artis—Naples: Sept. 26 update: "We are pleased to announce that campus activities will commence tomorrow morning with the arrival of students to Hayes Hall for a Young Person’s Concert with the Naples Philharmonic. Then, on Friday we will welcome local indie band The Woodwork to our Live and Local concert series for two performances. The Baker Museum remains closed while we continue repairs and remediate damage from Hurricane Irma. We are pleased that no art was harmed during this terrible storm. We will be sure to announce to the public a new opening date for the museum." Visit http://artisnaples.org/about/hurricane-irma and https://www.facebook.com/artisnaples/ for the latest updates.
- CAPA Cultural and Perfomring Arts Center: No season schedule changes are anticipated at this time. http://capacenter.org/
- Collier County Museums: Collier Museum at Government Center, Naples Depot Museum (inside exhibits only) and the Marco Island Historical Museum have resumed normal operations. Immokalee Pioneer Museum at Roberts Ranch will resume normal business hours on Oct. 3. Museum of the Everglades remains closed until further notice. https://www.colliermuseums.com/hurricane-irma-updates
- Gulfshore Playhouse: The Norris Center will be closed through October. As a result, the production Paradise has been canceled, as well as this year's New Works Festival and kids after-school programming until further notice. The Gulfshore Playhouse season will now open with Leading Ladies, which will open a week earlier than scheduled. Nov. 2 and 3 previews of the production will be only $10 in a community giveback effort, but if a deeper discount is needed, please ask. Regular-price previews take place Nov. 4 and 5, and official opening night will be Nov. 7. The entire run of the production is dedicated to first responders, who will receive free admission at any time during the production. No other season schedule changes are anticipated at this time. gulfshoreplayhouse.org
- Marco Island Center for the Arts: Has resumed operations. The current exhibit, Oh the Places You Have Been, has been extended through Oct. 31, with the reception now on Oct. 10 from 5:30-7 p.m. The previously scheduled October exhibit has been cancelled. Exhibit scheduling starting with The Art of Marianne Oehler on Nov. 6 will run as planned.
- The Marco Players: Has resumed normal operations. The season will opened as scheduled on Oct. 25, with Sex Please We're Sixty.
- Naples Art Association: Has resumed operations. No exhibition schedules will be affected. www.naplesart.org
- Naples Art District: Will resume normal events starting with the Nov. 1 Art Alive event from 5-8 p.m. www.naplesartdistrict.com
- The Naples Players: Has resumed operations. First responders and linemen can call the box office at 263-7990 for free tickets to the production of She Kills Monsters, running Oct. 11 through Nov. 5. http://naplesplayers.org/
- Off The Hook Comedy Club: Has resumed normal operations. Marlon Wayans was rescheduled to Oct. 4-5. Ralphie May was rescheduled to Jan. 4-6. All remaining shows and events will be as scheduled. https://offthehookcomedy.com/, https://www.facebook.com/offthehookcomedyclub/
- TheatreZone: Will open Season 13 on Dec. 8 as planned, with Home for the Holidays. www.theatrezone-florida.com
- Alliance for the Arts/Theatre Conspiracy: Has resumed normal operations. Three exhibit schedules have been altered; here are the new dates: Your Best Shot: Juried Photography Exhibit, Oct. 6-28 with an opening reception on Oct. 6 from 5-7 p.m.; Off the Wall: Members Exhibit, Nov. 3 through Dec. 2 with an opening reception on Nov. 3 from 5-7 p.m.; and Fired Up: A Juried Exhibit, Dec. 8 through Jan. 5 with an opening reception on Dec. 8 from 5-7 p.m. Theatre Conspiracy will continue as planned and is offering buy one, get one 50 percent off for Thursday and Friday productions of Buyer and Cellar by Jonathan Tolins with the promo code IRMA. https://artinlee.org/, https://www.facebook.com/artinlee.org/?hc_ref=ARQVLLt0lstL7PMwXiacRCpdutlnhUhBmbtq1BTFIUAV6VHD4tokUyel-1X5s53B0Sg&fref=nf
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall: Has resumed normal operations. No rescheduling to take place at this time. http://bbmannpah.com/, https://www.facebook.com/BarbaraBMannPAH?ref_type=bookmark
- BIG Arts: Has resumed normal operations. bigarts.org
- Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre: Has resumed normal operations. “Broadway Palm will be making a $5 per ticket donation to the Southwest Florida Community Foundation Hurricane Irma Relief Fund for all tickets purchased to Groovin' through closing night on Saturday, October 7, 2017.” www.broadwaypalm.com
- Centers for the Arts Bonita Springs: Has resumed normal operations. http://artcenterbonita.org/
- FGCU Art Galleries: Has resumed normal operations.
- Florida Repertory Theatre: Has resumed normal operations. www.floridarep.org
- Fort Myers Beach Art Assocation: Has resumed normal operations. Paint the Beach remains on schedule for Nov. 6-12. http://www.fortmyersbeachart.com/, https://www.facebook.com/fmbaa/
- Germain Arena: Has resumed normal operations. germainarena.com
- The IMAG History & Science Center: Has resumed normal operations. Children are admitted free with a canned food donation through Sept. 30. http://theimag.org/
- Laboratory Theater of Florida: Has resumed operations, with Sordid Lives now running Sept. 21-24, 28-30 and Oct. 1. www.laboratorytheaterflorida.com
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train: Remains closed through Oct. 1, though is still accepting reservations. Will resume dinner train productions on Oct. 4.
- The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon: Has resumed normal operations. http://theranchfortmyers.com/
- The Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center: Has resumed operations. The Noteworthy Concert featuring Wilder Sons and Naples Beach Brewery has been rescheduled to Oct. 14. http://www.sbdac.com/, https://www.facebook.com/SBDavisArtCenter/
- SoCo Cultural District: Has resumed normal operations. The next SoCo Second Saturday event is on track to take place Oct. 14. http://socoswfl.com/