1. Rene Garraud French cosmetics and skin-care products, previously available stateside only in New York, have arrived in Southwest Florida. The company, one of the first to base its formulations on plant extracts, offers products for normal, mixed, oily, dry and sensitive skin. Lots of new colors in nail polishes, lipsticks and eye make-up, too. Available exclusively at Allure et Beauté Salon & Day Spa, 4951 Tamiami Trail N., Naples. (239) 261-3929.
2. Hair color is art in the hands of Andriette Campbell, who studied at the Art Institute of Chicago. Her paintings line the walls of her loft-like Salon on Fifth. (When she worked at Tampa's Saddlebrook Resort, Pete Sampras was a client.) Campbell takes a serene, holistic approach to hair care, using all-natural Phyto botanical products to promote a healthy scalp and hair and extend the life of color treatments. Starting at $100. 330 Fifth Ave. S., Naples. (239) 403-0799.
3. Sunshine and Gulf winds can take a toll on skin. So get thee to the spa at the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club for a Florida Fruit Fresh facial. This anti-aging treatment refreshes and revitalizes skin with organic ingredients, including botanical extracts such as black currant, pineapple and aloe. When topped off with healing plant-based essential oils, the treatment leaves skin feeling smooth, firm and clear. $110 for 50 minutes. 851 Gulf Shore Blvd. N., Naples. (239) 261-2222.
4. Free your mind and your body will follow. Those who follow the age-old practice of yoga know it enhances physical and emotional well-being, maybe even relationships and careers. Kandy Love teaches the Iyengar method, which emphasizes postures and control of vital energy; props like blocks and benches also come into play. Group classes available; private lessons $70 an hour. Health & Harmony Center, Olde Iona Schoolhouse, 15951 McGregor Blvd., Fort Myers. (239) 433-5995.
5. Celebrities don't always have better bodies than you; they just have better tailors. That's why some of Naples' most prominent style-setters count on Maria DeOliveira to get every stitch right. Most women (and some men) find fault with some aspect of their bodies; well-tailored clothing helps hide the negative while accentuating the positive. With 20 years of experience, DeOliveira has good tailoring all sewn up. First Class Alterations, 4910 Tamiami Trail N., Naples. (239) 430-6505.
6. When life seems out of balance, some take the holistic approach to healing. With a master's in holistic health and a naturopathic doctorate from the Clayton School of Natural Healing in Birmingham, Ala., David Dancu has taught hundreds of students natural methods of finding better health by addressing causes and treating symptoms through diet and herbal and nutrient supplements. Initial consultation: $135; offices in Naples and Bonita Springs. (239) 434-2497.
7. Need a whole new image? Marcella Image Consulting can help. More than just a hair and make-up makeover maven, licensed cosmetologist Marcella Agront of Cape Coral has experience in TV and print, as well as weddings and corporate image consulting. She can help women and men change the way they look and feel about themselves by analyzing their lifestyles, recommending wardrobe changes and applying feng shui principles to the whole package. (239) 699-1655.
8. Among the world's preeminent jewelers since 1958, Boucheron knows something about luxury. And Boucheron Parfum is the olfactory essence of this first-class French institution in its purest form. Orange blossom and white flowers comprise this lush scent's top and middle notes, respectively; and the warm endnote is a captivating mystery best left unsolved. $250 for a 0.5-ounce bottle at Saks Fifth Avenue, Waterside Shops, 5395 Tamiami Trail N., Naples. (239) 592-5900.
9. Keep your pearly whites up to par. With Zoom! Teeth Whitening (featured on ABC's Extreme Makeover), a hydrogen peroxide gel is smoothed over teeth, which are then exposed to a bright light that activates cleaning. Within an hour, teeth can be whitened an average of eight shades. And after that, they're easier to maintain. About $300 each for upper and lower arches. Dr. Aaron Leishman, general and cosmetic dentistry, 9500 Corkscrew Palms, Suite 4, Estero. (239) 947-7992.
10. Let someone walk all over you. We're talking about ashiatsu, or Oriental bar therapy. A barefoot massage therapist pads along your back while holding onto wooden beams suspended from the ceiling; the ancient treatment from Buddhist monks pushes and pulls the spine into natural alignment and loosens tight back and leg muscles though deep compression and acupressure. $125 for 50 minutes or $170 for 80 minutes at the Spa Hyatt at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point, 5001 Coconut Road, Bonita Springs. (239) 444-1234.