We’re ringing in all sorts of seasons at this time of year, but if you’re on the philanthropic circuit in Naples, you know there was an important kickoff this past weekend: the official start of the Naples Winter Wine Festival.
Trustees treated volunteers to a brunch at the Waterside Shops in honor of the work they do to make the event—one of the nation’s biggest wine auctions—a success.
Hundreds of volunteers work the festival weekend alone, assisting vintners and chefs, helping manage the live auction, pitching in to set up. Before the event itself (to be held Jan. 29-31), they will have spent countless hours on clerical duties, such as stuffing envelopes and mailing invitations.
Proceeds from the auction benefit the health and educational needs of Collier County children. To date, the festival has raised $135 million.
Speaking of proceeds, the trustees recently announced the latest batch of auction lots. They include:
- An all-new Rolls-Royce Dawn, customized with an Arctic White exterior, Deep Red roof and Consort Red interior—a homage to the festival’s wines. The winner will be the first person in North America to own the car.
- 52 magnums of world-class wine, one from each of the participating vintners
- A trip to both Napa Valley and New Zealand courtesy of Mayacamas Vineyards, special tastings with the Mayacamas winemaking team in California, and award-winning golf and fly fishing excursions in the heart of New Zealand
- Attendance at the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, with backstage passes and access to the model after-party
- Custom-made bronze-cast chandelier by 2016 NWWF Featured Artist Michele Oka Doner, courtesy of Marlborough Gallery
- Six 1.5-liter bottles of Domaine Serene’s acclaimed Oregon wines, with a once-in-a-lifetime visit to their newly purchased winery, Château de la Crée, in Côte d'Or of Burgundy, the fabled, historic home of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir
For tickets and more information, visit napleswinefestival.com or call (888) 837-4919.