In our January issue, we crowned this year’s Best New Restaurants—but we also named a few more that were about to debut and poised to make a splash. Here’s an update as to where they stand.
- The Oyster Society (Marco Island) – This high-end raw bar from the family behind DaVinci’s debuted in the same plaza.
- Ocean Prime (Naples/Fifth Avenue South) – A luxe bastion of seafood and steak is national restaurateur Cameron Mitchell’s most prized property.
- Pasture & Pearl (Sanibel Island) – Riding customer demand for local and organic fine dining, this casually elegant farm-to-table spot fits right in on Sanibel.
OPENING JAN. 24:
- The French Brasserie Rustique (Naples/Fifth Avenue South) – Renowned chef Vincenzo Betulia is giving the hearty cuisine of Paris his heart and soul.
- Timeless–an MHK Eatery (Naples/Design District) – There will be something for everyone at this gourmet market and restobar, from early morning to late night.
- Divieto Ristorante (Estero/Coconut Point) – It’s a Miami area transplant with a menu touting Italian and American favorites.
- Izzy’s Fish & Oyster (Fort Myers/River District) – Another spot that launched in Miami, this upscale raw bar is going into the former (beloved) The French Connection space.
- The Bevy (Naples/Third Street South) – Projected opening: March 10 – A modern American restaurant being built off Third will feature a wine list written by Bruce Nichols, who is also launching a wine store and storage facility off U.S. 41 this spring.
- The Cave (Naples/Galleria Shoppes at Vanderbilt) – Projected opening: April – From trustees of the Naples Winter Wine Festival who own Naples Wine Collection next door, this bistro and wine bar will no doubt be one of the most talked about projects in the coming months.
- True Food Kitchen (Naples/Waterside Shops) – Projected opening: March 6 – A national presence, featuring uber-healthy (and good-tasting) sit-down meals, it is under construction at Naples’ most chic shopping center.
- The Warehouse (Naples/Collier Boulevard) – Projected opening: late April or early May – An appealing addition to an underserved area for upscale-casual dining on Immokalee Road, it will feature craft cocktails and a new American menu.
Get the Hot Dish every Wednesday and Friday online and every month in Gulfshore Life.