When it comes to purifying, tightening, hydrating and repairing the skin, Mother Nature does not mess around. There are abundant natural flora healers found around the world, from exotics like the red sap of the Peruvian Amazon tree to the simplest ingredients like lavender and rice milk. We have gathered some of the best products in the local market that will give your face a youthful glow. Just let nature do the heavy lifting this social season—no appointments necessary.
Clockwise from top:
– Made from Rose De Mai, almond, apricot and raspberry seed oils, among others, this face product delivers nourishment to lessen fine lines. Chantecaille Rose De Mai Face Oil, $185; Saks Fifth Avenue, Waterside Shops, saksfifthavenue.com.
– Cleanse, tone and hydrate in one natural step. The antimicrobial cranberry extract helps to clarify the skin, while added vitamins and rice milk help to nourish and heal. ARCONA Cranberry Toner, $38; Arcona, arcona.com.
– Made with natural clays, orange-flower and cabbage rose, this mask counteracts the effects of cellular aging from stress by soothing and detoxifying the skin. Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask, $160; Saks Fifth Avenue, Waterside Shops.
– For a youthful glow, this complex of botanical lipids—including Four O’Clock Flower, jojoba seed oil and lavender—will improve texture and elasticity while also calming the skin. ARCONA Four O’Clock Flower, $68; Arcona.
– Support the Rainforest Alliance and the beauty of the Virguna National Park in the Congo and Rwanda. Chantecaille Save the Forest Palette, $85; Saks Fifth Avenue, Waterside Shops.
– Spring water from the Swiss Alps is rich in magnesium and minerals and purifies the skin, while a complex of Mallow and Alchemilla reduces puffiness and dark circles. Cellcosmet Eye Contour Gel-XT, $165; Saks Fifth Avenue, Waterside Shops.
– With ingredients like kelp and snow algae extracts and wheat protein, this serum works to tighten the skin, giving the appearance of youthful qualities. Rodial Dragon’s Blood Advanced XXL Sculpting Serum, $155; Soft Surroundings, softsurroundings.com.
– Orange zest, blood orange peel oil and tomato lipids will brighten the skin and improve uneven pigmentation and scarring. ARCONA Mandarin Brightening Peel, $78; Arcona.
– Dragon’s Blood is sourced from the sap of the Sangre de Drago Tree in the Peruvian Amazon and helps to target wrinkles and thin, aging skin. This daily cream is also loaded with omegas and carob seed extract to heal damaged skin, while evening primrose oil boosts circulation. Rodial Dragon’s Blood Velvet Cream, $85; Soft Surroundings.