Have you ever thrown caution to the wind—and were ticked by a disappointing waste of calories? Inspired by the mind-blowing eats in our 10 Best New Restaurants feature, we cherry-picked splurges you can gobble up with pleasure.
– Seared foie gras with raspberry-blueberry gastrique on toasted brioche at Bleu Provence (not to mention their award-winning wine cellar)
– Fior di Latte mozzarella (or any) cheese at Barbatella
– Pig macs, pork belly sliders with “special sauce,” at Bar Tulia (plus the coolest cocktails)
– Tomahawk rib-eye of Piedmontese beef at The Continental (P.S., sommelier Higor Valle there just passed the Advanced exam for the Court of Master Sommeliers)
– Pulled pork spring rolls with Carolina dipping sauce at Point 57 Kitchen & Cocktails
– Grilled cheese, with customizable bread and stuffings, at FK Your Diet (the “FK” is actually for “foster kids,” with 5 percent of proceeds donated)
– Yo Paulie or any other pie at Fine Folk Pizza (ask for the free dough-tossing lessons)