As we go into another week of quarantining, after Gov. Ron DeSantis ordered a 30-day stay-at-home mandate to help keep Floridians safe, we’re thinking of more and more ways to pass the time at home and support the many bars and restaurants that have closed doors. That’s why we tapped the bartenders from some of our favorite locales to share cocktail recipes, like the daiquiri from Bar Tulia’s Stan Worrell, so you can elevate your at-home happy hour.
This next one is a perfect classic, a margarita from the team at Gather in Cape Coral. Who says staying safe at home can’t be fun?
What you’ll need:
- 2 ounces of your favorite tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (optional, if you don’t have on hand)
- Quick squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice (bottled juice will work)
- Splash of simple syrup (homemade recipe below)
- Splash of orange juice
For the simple syrup:
Warm 1 cup of water in a saucepan (not to the point of boiling). Add 1 cup sugar and stir or swirl until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add ingredients over ice to a shaker and shake.
- Serve in a chilled glass with a salted rim and a slice of lime.