DLC's Recovery Month Awards
David Lawrence Center celebrated individuals and organizations in our community for their outstanding contributions to support those in recovery from mental illness and addiction at the Annual Recovery Month Awards Ceremony. David Lawrence Center honored the following outstanding individuals and organizations for sharing their voices to advocate, educate, mentor and help others in need of mental health and addiction recovery services:
- Heather Wesling, Recovery Community Volunteer
- Coach Nino Magaddino, Holistic Treatment Partner
- Veora Little, Youth Prevention Volunteer
- Bill Barnett, Holistic Treatment Volunteer
- Commissioner Andy Solis, Esq. Mental Health Champion
The evening included a reception with education awareness community partner tables, entertainment, dinner, a raffle and the awards ceremony. Nearly 300 people attended the event which raised $1,600 thanks in part to the sponsors: David Lawrence Center Alumni Association, St. Matthew’s House, Hazelden Betty Ford, Genoa, Healthcare Network of Southwest Florida and Park Royal Hospital.