You can do better than a box of Russell Stover candies. Aim Cupid’s bow straight at your honey with these treats and experiences.
- Osteria Tulia: The rustic yet thoroughly modern eatery decided to look beyond the standard prix-fixe, with Chef Vincenzo Betulia crafting an a la carte menu laced with aphrodisiacs to get your night going.
- Belgian Yummies: A young Belgian couple recently bought the Jack and Rita’s ice cream shop in North Naples and has injected it with their personality, changing the look and adding Belgian yummies like fresh waffles. But don’t miss the heart-shaped ice cream bars this week: Dipped in (you guessed it) Belgian chocolate, they’re kissed with an edible “I love you” message.
- BrickTop’s: Go shopping for your sweetheart at any of the Waterside Shops between now and the 13th, and if you bring $500 in receipts to the management office, you’ll get a $50 gift card to the restaurant.
- Norman Love: If you're buying truffles, the chocolatier’s gourmet ones are the way to go (plus, this year he’s brought back his most popular flavors for the Valentine collection). Or go a different route with unique hot chocolates or layer cakes (we’re swooning over the one pictured here).
- Lamoraga: Sharing is in the air at this tapas restaurant, a natural pick for Valentine’s Day. To make it even sweeter this year, the chef is offering a $55 four-course menu that will also be available the entire month (ask for the “food lovers menu”).
- Bleu Rendez-Vous French Bistro: Because Paris is the city of love, one could argue French food is the most romantic of all. Chef Christian Vivet is offering a prix-fixe at his Sanibel spot of foie gras, frisee and filet—plus a Cupid’s surprise for dessert.
- Real Chocolate: If you live in or near Cape Coral, stop by this just-opened chocolate shop and bakery for heart-shaped bon-bons and chocolate fudge cake, all made from scratch—and sweets outside the box, like flan, croissants and alfajores.
Read Hot Dish every month in Gulfshore Life.